Streetwear designer to Elly Pistol
Elly Pistol is an international brand that designs and creates high caliber streetwear fashion for the digital generation. Elly Pistol has been recognized by customers for its edgy and bold design, fine fabrics and exceptional fits and have since the start in Stockholm in 2015, got a lot of attention in social media and have been growing aggressively every year.
To take the next step in our journey to become an internationally known streetwear brand we are looking for a creative streetwear designer with an exceptionally good eye for new trends and the commercial winners of tomorrow.
Responsibility for the design of the full assortment of Elly Pistol, including research, technical spec packages, presentations and all necessary follow-ups. The designer is responsible for designing for four seasons, along with continual add ins.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop initial concepts for the line working closely with the CEO and Creative Director
- Create inspiration boards
- Research trends in the streetwear fashion industry
- Research fabrics, trims, hardware pieces and other raw materials
- Select fabric/yarn for each individual style
- Develop color palettes by style and approve lab-dips
- Purchase inspirational samples for each collection
- Responsible for design and development of entire commodity
- Provide designs that reflect the trends, but also which reflect the integrity and aesthetics of the Elly Pistol brand
- Prepare technical sketches and spec detailing for production team, including front and back sketch and critical measurements, construction details
- Prepare Spec Sheets with detailed technical information and trim sheets
- Maintain design boards with up to date sketches and fabrics
- Work closely with the production site throughout the development process to ensure the highest level of quality and integrity
- Collaborate with the key departments within Elly Pistol in the development of the line
- Review samples and provide fit and design comments to the production site
- Attending fittings and communicate changes
- Review fit / construction in order to fit into necessary price points
- Review Merchandise Plans and maintain calendar timing
- Monitor sales and retail sell-through to determine successes and failures, and to build on this knowledge for future collections
- Follow-through on all development for your area
- Recruit and manage one to two design interns.
Skills and Requirements:
- At least 1+ year’s experience of design
- Computer proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, WebPMD
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
- Good English communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent time management/project skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
- Comfortable and confident in making effective autonomous (and group) decisions in a timely manner
- Goal orientated: ability to stay focused on creating winning results
- Strong illustration and flat sketching skills
- Technical knowledge of fabric construction finishes and techniques
Apply by sending your CV and personal letter to [email protected]
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Elly Pistol Team